Try The New Wave style!
The Nouvelle-Aquitaine region will be at the Water Mirror on Saturday 16 June, from 10am to 6pm, to present some of its many wonders and attractions.
What is this New Wave style? Well, it is a kind of vitality that flourishes on a daily basis through a subtle contrast between dynamic and relaxed activities, between open spaces and urban intensity, between innovation and artisanal traditions.
In short, it is an authentic way of life that Nouvelle-Aquitaine, as France’s most attractive region, will be inviting visitors to experience through presentations and workshops. Programme: games, conviviality, surf and “porcelain graffiti".
Experience the "French California" - it has quite a few surprises in store!
- The Regional Tourism Board will be offering chances to play its Terra Aventura game and discover the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region, along with some hidden treasures at Bordeaux Fête le Vin: wheel of fortune, goodies and competitions.
- Painting on porcelain workshop, presentation of the history of wine coolers and “chambres des frissons” champagne domes designed by the Musée Adrien Dubouché in Limoges.
- Competition with trips in Nouvelle-Aquitaine to be won, organized by Gîtes de France.
- Surf the New-Wave with the 33 Departmental Committee /
Lacanau Surf Club with a ride on their surfboard simulator.
- Introduction to first-aid and rescue demonstration in the Garonne river with the Rescue and First-aid League.
- Discover seafood and products from the Atlantic coast: fish market, oyster shucking competition, tastings...
- Game to raise public awareness of the dangers of pollution to Aquitaine’s coastlines with Surf Rider and "Surprises with the tide".
- Musical entertainment and bandas. Surprises for children!
- Saturday 16 June, 10am to 6pm. Water Mirror.
Free activities open to everyone.